Monday, September 3, 2012

Essay #2

I think that if Socrates time travelled to 2012 that he would be shocked at how much has changed. I also think that he would be fascinated. Maybe he would look to see if his questions were answered or maybe he would look for more questions to ask or maybe both. I think he would be impressed with the advances in technology. I also think that he would be very happy to know that people were always questioning things and wanting to know answers and get to the bottom of things. I think he would be satisfied to know that his teachings are studied, thought of and looked at today. I think that Elbert Hubbard would be disappointed to see all of the machinery and that people weren't doing much and machines were running a lot. He might say that we have gotten a lot lazier, but maybe he would see in some cases we got more hard working and efficent. I also think that Elbert Hubbard would get frustrated looking at the lazy people, and want to push them to get going and make them stop sitting around and creating excuses not to do work. Besides that, I think he would be impressed to see how far we have come since his time, even if it means having more technology.

1 comment: