Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Video Continued

We continued to watch the video today, God Grew Tired Of Us. It wasn't as sad as the first day, but not as not sad as the second day. I saw that they didn't understand pretty much anything, like plumbing or electricty, and they didn't even understand how to eat the food, like butter they ate it whole! And they were so surprised by the potato chips, they were like is it all ready to eat? It was really funny. I kind of wanted to go into the movie and be able to help them with everything because they didn't understand a lot of it. One thing that really bothered me was that they had to pay back the money to fly in the airplane back to the United States. I kind of wish that the US could have just payed for it and kept it that way. One day, I hope to be super rich and then I can go and help people in Sudan and other countries that need my help. And I would use my money to buy them food and clothes and other things they needed. It was really sad when John Bul Dau told us that when he was 13 he had to bury all of the people that died on their journey. It was really heartbreaking. I hope we get to finish the movie tomorrow because I really want to know more about their transition into life in the US and their journeys and hardships that they have faced all throughout life.

No comments:

Post a Comment